Monday, March 26, 2007

It ain't easy being Green!

Happy Springtime! Yay! I'm sure you all have some old perscription glasses that you'll never wear again, but feel guilty throwing them away...And what about old cell phones that are hanging around, since you've updated ?! Well, good news...there are charity organizations around the country that collect these items and recycle them!
There are lots of websites, if you search these topics on google, but a few good ones I'm going to contribute my donations to are:
You can type in your zip code and find all of the nearest donation drop-off centers.
I saw an ad in RealSimple Magazine this month for this organization. They also accept donations of hearing aids, sunglasses, jewelry, watches, & silverware. The shipping instructions are on their website.
And if you'd rather just give these items to me, I'll recycle them along with my donations!
Thanks...hope you decide to contribute now or in the future! Spread the word to friends & coworkes & encourage them to join you in recycling & helping the community!

No comments: