Thursday, March 02, 2006

Day 2 and I'm a Lent Failure!

Yep.. I blew it.. Day 2 and I drank soda. Picture an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand right about now! But.. In my meek and horrible defense I have been up since 4:30 am with my whiney 3 year old who was crying for milk. .... Gulp .... Soooo I really drank the soda out of desperation for caffeine. I HAD to have it for the safety of my family. Would have it been better if I went and had a coffee (which I don't drink) because I didn't give that up for Lent? Technically your really not suppose to trade one bad habit for another. I guess... I ask for forgiveness for being weak, broken, selfish, and for not having an ounce of self will power. Tomorrow is a new day with a new sunrise and a new beginning! Thank you Lord for that.

Ohhh and did I mention that my lovely 3 year old then proceeded to whip a hanger across the room with the accuracy of a sharp shooter nailing my soda, spilling it's glorious wild cherry Pepsi contents all over my keyboard??? Ohhhh yeah... God showed me, through my child no less. Gotta love that! Gone... Wasted away.... And NOW to make matters worse my letters are sticking and my F barely works. Good thing I gave up swearing because that F would be really useful about now. Grrrrrr...............

3 comments:

alyssa said...

I have tears streaming down my face from laughter as I read this! Please know that the laughter is because I can relate so well having a 3 year old myself. I remember many Lent's struggling to keep my given up vice, well, given up. Have faith in faith my friend and in the end you will not only have accomplished a goal but gained a beautiful sense of peace trusting in your faith. XOXOXOXO

Tracy S said...

Is it bad if I am cracking up ?...lol I am sorry ...I hope your day is going better .

Emily said...

Sorry Martha, but ROFL!!! :) You know I love ya. And for what it's worth, I'm proud that you'd even try to sacrifice the soda. I'm so not there yet. ;)