Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Surgery again?

Sorry it has been so long but things have gotten a little crazy here. Here is the latest of what is currently happening with my leg. Unfortunately healing hasn't gone exactly easy or as planned.

May 8th - Went in for surgery. It lasted 1.5hrs. (compared to slated 30 min.) Had to scrap out a lot of arthritis, old blood / fluid, fix MCL, PCL (in 3 places), ACL, and Meniscus. He said there was a lot more damage than the MRI showed BUT.. the ACL was in better condition than he expected. I was sent home and could start weight bearing when I was ready.

May 10th - That evening I was able to unwrap knee and shower. I was shocked at the swelling and bruising.

May 11th - Called doctor in regards to swelling / bruising. Told me to ice like crazy.. and call back if not better.

May 13th - I fell asleep while icing knee in my recliner and had a muscle spasm in my quad, my leg literally jumped waking me up and causing my knee to shift to outside again.

May 14th - Called doctor to explain what happened, major pain increase and swelling. Doctor said keep brace on (no shower - nothing) until he could see me, and ice and sit with leg up as much as possible.

May 16th - Saw doctor he agreed knee was FAR more swollen than it should be, but felt no damaged had occurred from muscle spasm. Took out stitches. Tried to drain knee in several places could not get anything and said I had a large blood clot in the outer left part of the knee. Blood clot was 1/2 under knee cap and wrapping to back of knee. We discussed options.... Put me on aspirin to thin blood, rest, walking with brace only as needed, ice.. ice.. ice... He gave me 10 days for my body to resolve the clot. He felt I was young enough that my body should be able to break it down on it's own. If it does not he will have to take me back into surgery for a much larger procedure. This would include an over night stay, and a 4" incision. I see him this Friday morning. Right now the swelling has not gone down. One of my incisions is contuining to drain old blood daily as well. Praying more surgery is not in my future.

Here is a link to some pictures also!!
http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=157579389/a=15470245_15470245/t_=15470245

No comments: