Friday, October 14, 2005

.................. TGIF ......................

Is it wrong to be celebrating that my child went back to school today??

I think he may FINALLY be on the mend! I seriously was starting to wonder. He is still coughing and extra tired but the fever has been gone since Wednesday. He took his last dose of both the antibiotic and the steroid. (THANK GOD)! That steroid really has done a number on him. Yesterday he was climbing onto the roof of cars at the car dealership. Oh yeah... they saw the full white trash effect. I am certain I left with them shaking their heads at me. LOL.. Ahhh Gotta love it. Hopefully with the steroids leaving his system his aggression will start to subside and normal behavior will come back. One can only hope.
I did take Alex for a bike ride yesterday. He has been cooped up in the house for so long I thought it might be good to burn some of his energy off. We rode about 1.5 to 2 miles. We got back in the truck to drive home and he was asleep in less than 3 minutes at 11:30 in the morning!! Totally abnormal! He slept for about 2 hours which is a normal nap for him. BUT, when he woke up it was as if he hadn't slept at all. By 5:00 he is UGLY.... we got dinner into him, forced a bath upon him (while he screamed the entire time), then off to bed he went! He went down at 7:20 and only woke twice during the night!!

Can I just say... WOW... now I know what normal family's get with a wonderful sleeping child. Yippeee!!! Rick and I actually got to be married! We actually got to communicate, and watch TV together. It was HEAVENLY!!!! Now.. if I could get him to do that every night we would be sooo golden!!

We plan on going to a fun festival tomorrow.... Hope you all have a great weekend too!

2 comments:

M said...

Yea!! Your not bad for wanting puddin to be back at school, your normal. love ya!

Jackie said...

I'm so sorry your sweetie has been sick! Glad he's feeling better....and it IS perfectly OK to be glad he's back at school; and I certainly understand your joy at him going to bed at a decent time and staying there. Maybe I'll get that again on a consistent basis sometime!