Sunday, January 08, 2006

Yikes, I fell off the wagon!

Merry Christmas & Happy 2006 everyone! Yep, I fell off the Blogging wagon once again but this time I have a really good excuse. I was in California for 11 days. Kinda tough to blog when your that far away from your computer. In all my traveling I normally never have a hard time with jet lag. This time upon arriving home it killed me. I have been just utterly exhausted all week. Like crawl into bed and never come out exhausted.

My Christmas was wonderful, only would have been better by having a white Christmas in New Hampshire surrounded by my own family instead of my husband's. Coming form a big family our Christmas's are just so different. We come from just a huge tradition and everyone knows all the "rules". Like never, ever, getting up in the middle of someone opening a gift. I know all silly petty things.... I really need to get over it! LOL....

We spent 2 days in the winter wonderland of Lake Tahoe! Ohhh fresh snow had just fallen and I was seriously in HEAVEN! It was gorgeous. Alex was just soo excited and would have played in the snow for hours on end IF a heated pool and hot tub weren't inches away. YEP... We went in a heated pool and hot tub outside in 30 degree weather. It was beyond cool! Alex thought it was the greatest thing ever. We had snow ball fights, built sad little snowmen, went sledding, and ate good food. I was so sad to leave as we had only been there just over 24 hours, I seriously could have stayed my entire vacation there. Sigh......

We also got to enjoy an incredible meal with 9 of our closest friends at the Melting Pot. IF you have one of these restaurants near you and you haven't gone yet... RUN don't walk! Personally my favorite part is the dessert. yuummmmmmmmmmmm nothing like warm, rich chocolate sauce dripping off a cool, crisp, fresh strawberry. I was in food bliss.

Until the next morning when my husband got the stomach flu..... My bliss quickly went out the window after that! Lol...


1 comment:

M said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are still alive!! Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. We have a melting pot in Houston, will have to try it out. :-)