Sunday, February 19, 2006

Reaching out....

As a Christian how are you reaching out to others? Many Christians keep themselves in a close knit circle only being friends and helping other Christians! But, is that really what God calls us to do? Close off people who are NOT Christians? Or maybe make our walk a little harder? I have recently found myself to be feeling a bit "too" comfortable in my surroundings yet stepping out seems absolutely scary! Having been a Christian a full year now, I have made friends with woman through out my church and Mops. All God loving woman.... But.. I do have several close "old" friends who have yet to accept Christ, But the catch here is they knew me before I accepted Christ thus I feel comfortable with them. Do we only reach out a helping hand to people in our small group? Or do you stretch it and try to reach out to people who do not know Christ's love like the Bible calls us too? For me, it's scary. Will I be taken advantage of? Will they ask me questions I can't answer? What if God's light isn't shining through me? What if they become a stumbling block for me, or me for them? Sigh... It is such a delicate thread to try and balance on. EGR = Extra Grace Required yep.. Everybody has them.. People in their lives who need a little EGR! I have one right now that is truly skating down my very last nerve. Mostly it's their behavior and I am having to take many many deep breaths. I like her and all, it's just well... Her personality and mine clash slightly! LOL.... I guess that's putting it nicely huh? I am praying for her though and praying for myself in dealing with her! I placed the relationship in God's hands in hopes he will take care of it and move it where ever it needs to go. I think this is another reason I am scared to reach out into the unknown.... They may become my next EGR! Seriously.. What if I reach out to someone and they drive me crazy?? What if they................. The list could get long here! Sigh.... "God help me out here!!! Pack up all my judgments, frustrations, open nerves and send them away. Allow me to accept people for all they show themselves to be. Help me to love everyone even if they are different from me, even if they don't believe what I believe, even if drive me crazy! I am opening up both hands lord, and handing over all my relationships, allowing you to take the reins and steer me in the right direction! It's in your son's name we pray - Amen"

No comments: