Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hump Day!

It's Wednesday already.. where has the week gone. I swear since the Hurricane the days have zipped forward while I am still some where left behind! I have had so much going through my head that honestly I haven't been able to complete one full thought to get it down on paper. Here are just a few things I have had going on..............

1. Rick ended up getting an 11% raise! YIPPEE! He still is not making "enough" but at least it's more than before right?? I was really excited for him.

2. Saw a preemie at the hospital last night 2 pounds 11 ounces, Mom was maybe 19 years old, with another baby at home who will be 1 in 2 months. She delivered at 28 weeks. They still have not named her as "they just don't know what's going to happen". It broke my heart, I pointed out she was a miracle and the Mother told me "that has yet to be determined". Ugh...... Please keep the baby and Mamma in your prayers.

3. Mops starts on Tuesday and as Lori so lovingly put it we are in Mops con 5. The stress is pouring from my pores. BUT, a good news is that I am now up to 9 workers! Woo hoo!! We could use at least 5 more but at least we can have our first meeting.

4. Alex started preschool today! We have decided to do 2 mornings a week 8:30 to 11:30 on Wed & Fri. Today was day 1. He walked right in without a care in the world, he didn't even look back. No bye Mom, nothing!! Jeezzz.... I was happy for no tears but a bye would have been nice. There were several kids crying in his class and you could see he was just flabergasted over it. The teachers agreed with us that Alex is going to be left handed. That should be interesting, Both Rick and I are right handed.

5. We enrolled Alex in a Gymnastics class, 1x a week for about 45 minutes. I am excited. He is such a tumbler.. just like his Mama I guess! He starts next week and my Mom has agreed to pay for the first session! Horray!

Staying busy here.... and off to do laundry! Ahhh... a Mommy's work is never done!

5 comments:

Heather/SHTEZQ said...

my twins were born at 28 weeks and they are healthy now that baby has a better chance in making it then not. thanks for stopping by my blogg our weather is wonderful haot today but that is normal for this time of the year. we liva about 20 to 30 min away from the california speedway.

Ana said...

Wow, I'm so glad Alex did so well on his first day. I know it's hard when they don't even say bye (R usually doesn't) but it sure is better then them crying their eyes out!

M said...

A lefty eh? He's gonna rule the world...right along side Owen who is a lefty too. If you notice, most of the world leaders are left handed. Little bit of trivia...

Congrats to you & Rick! Nice raise!!!

Elizabeth said...

Aw, first day of preschool. It's so strange to look back on my first day of school. Oh, and of course Chris is a cutie. Haha.

Jackie said...

Congrats on the raise. Sorry you're stressed, but you are doing good things, remember that. So sad about the baby, maybe the child will find a loving home. My daughter had a name by the time I was about 5 months pregnant!!

So sweet about preschool. And he'll do fine as a lefty...I'm one too!!!! I've heard lefties have better memories and live longer.