Saturday, April 09, 2005

Alex's journey without the bottle!

So I think it has been just about a week since we chucked the bottle! Alex is still asking for them although I realize now that's his way of asking for milk as he takes a sippy cup without a blink! I keep saying milk.. To try and re-program his thinking. We also stopped all milk at night! This is a serious accomplishment not just on Alex's part but ours as well. We do offer him a sippy cup of water but we are working on weaning him of this whole waking up thing. Some day Rick and I will get to sleep in our own bed together for 8 hrs straight. Heck I would be happy with 6. I think 2.5 yrs of sleep deprivation has caused a severe aging process on Rick and I.
We decided he can have milk from 6am on if he wakes up and so far this seems to be working really well as he is even sleeping in. So he drinks the milk and goes back to sleep. He is drinking milk during the day and feel he is getting more than enough! The doctor said it could be up to 6 months before we see a change in his sleep pattern! I am praying it's not that long but... At this point, what's 6 months???? LOL

No comments: