Saturday, April 30, 2005

Long time no blog........

WAIT......... STOP the Roller Coaster....... I Wanna GET OFF!!!!!

Okay so it's been forever since I have updated my blog, and of course now I have so many thoughts and emotions I can't even get them straight to write. Where do I start? What do I tell? Life has sent me on an interesting journey the last 2 weeks.

First let me start by admitting... I have fallen away from my Purpose Driven Life (PDL) Readings. I can't believe it, I am on Day 36, and I STOP reading? WHAT happened? Did life take over and things got more important than God? Did having a non-believer in my house for 7 days make me turn my back as to not make them "uncomfortable"? Honestly, I don't have a answer for sure! I am hoping to get back down to business very soon here. I am astonished how quickly my focus fell away. The more I thought about it and tried to find the time the more frustrated I became.....

My Sister in Law came to visit with my 4 month old niece for 7 days. I have to admit I was a little nervous as my relationship with my brother (her husband) is not a tight one to say the least. She came alone... Just her and the baby. I have been around her a few times but I am betting less than 10 times! She lives in NH, and I live here. This past year we began e-mailing and that has helped. At first it was awkward... She's a Girly girl and I am so not. She LOVES to shop... I like it but wish I had the money to actually shop! LOL (don't we all?) we ended up having a great time, with tons of laughs. She is so easy going and GREAT for my brother. She accepts him for who he is and loves him anyway (a real challenge I am certain). We got to "talk" and she helped me to realize I wasn't the only one to feel certain ways. I filled her in on some many family stories and showed her some great "dorkie" pictures from my brother's younger years. LOL. My niece Katelyn is INCREDIBLE! She is beyond beautiful and just so mellow. She is extremely easy going and barely fussed. Alex was totally in love with her. At times I really had to swallow the lump in my throat seeing just what an awesome Big Brother he would have been. He showered her with kisses and hugs. When she fussed in the car he would look over from his car seat and tell her "It's okay baby, it's okay". He was so gentle and loving - it truly tore my heart up at times. I saw my son's incredible spirit. His loving heart and just how emotional and sensitive he is. I so wish we lived closer to his cousins so he could truly bond with them. Parker 6, Dominick 4, and Katelyn 4 months. Maybe some day soon...

I did a stupid stupid thing..... I went to baby shower on Wednesday night and I ate spinach dip. Now to most people this most likely doesn't sound stupid but to a girl who has spent her entire life asking "what's in this?" well... It was stupid! I am allergic to eggs. I can't eat anything that egg is the top 3 ingredient. No eggs for breakfast, no egg salad, no Mayo, No tuna fish, ect...
WELL.. I put a spoonful of spinach dip on my plate and ate it down with crackers. I wasn't in love with the taste but finished it anyway. All the other foods I had eaten before. By the end of the night I was feeling "funny" but just thought I was exhausted after my SIL's visit. I was home and in bed by 9:20. 1 AM came quickly and I woke up feeling incredibly nauseated. I got up with a splitting headache took some tums and advil. I kept trying to go back to sleep but it wasn't happening. Then I started to sweat, serious mouth watering... And then it happened! I kissed the porcelain God. Ohh and it didn't stop.... The damn Mayo came pouring out both ends! Until noon!!! I thought I was going to die!
THANK GOD my friend rescued my son from barfing hell and whisked him away to the land of play! Lori.. You are my life saver!!! I owe you big.
Needless to say... No matter how rude it may seem to ask "what is this made with?", I am going to KEEP asking and not feel stupid about it OR just not eat it! Mayo is BAD people VERY VERY BAD!!!

Okay.. Enough ramblings for one day!!!

3 comments:

alyssa said...

I just cracked up at your mayo statement at the end of your entry! What where you thinking? Haven't you come in contanct with spinach dip before? Silly girl! I still love you even when you are super sillius!

Anonymous said...

Very useful Martha, I can use what you've got here on this post as well as your other stuff for the research we're doing for Purpose driven life. Cheers, Anny.

Anonymous said...

Martha I've enjoyed this on this post and it's been useful for our own project on ##LINK#. Thanks. Anny.