Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Relationships are always worth Restoring!

I have been reading the Purpose Driven Life and am on Day 30! Only 10 days left! However, I have read day 20 over and over, it really hit home with me. I thought maybe I should share some of my favorite lines. Maybe it will touch you too.... Maybe there is someone in your life that you need to go to and say your sorry. Rekindle that relationship, reach out and offer your forgiveness! I am working on saying I'm sorry.. And letting go of my hurts. In the big picture of LIFE it truly is not what matters.
Day 20
Purpose Driven Life
"Relationships are always worth restoring"

"Because life is all about learning how to love, God wants us to value relationships and make the effort to maintain them instead of discarding them whenever there is a rift, a hurt, or a conflict."
"If you want God's blessing on your life and you want to be known as a child of God, you must learn to be a peacemaker."

"Peacemakers are rare because peacemaking is hard work."
"In conflict, time heals nothing; it causes hurts to fester."
"A gentle response diffuses anger, but a sharp tongue kindles a temper-fire."
"Use your ears more than your mouth"
"If you listen to gossip, God says you are a troublemaker. "Troublemakers listen to troublemakers."

Question to Consider:
"Who do I need to restore a broken relationship with today?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes me sad. I just think of my sister reading it. I wish I could have had the instructions on how to keep her in my life or at least to make her happy.

my heart hurts reading that, I'll have to use it for the relationships I still have.

Anonymous said...

Martha I've enjoyed this on this post and it's been useful for our own project on ##LINK#. Thanks. Anny.

Anonymous said...

Martha I've enjoyed this on this post and it's been useful for our own project on ##LINK#. Thanks. Anny.