Monday, April 04, 2005

Pick up your Bible....

I have a confession to make.... I am a Bible Reading newbie! In all my 30 years I have never picked up the Bible and read it. It was not something my parents instilled in us. Well, honestly my parents taught us nothing. I know some stories from the Bible but mostly I feel like an idiot. SO, I have been praying and God told me I really needed to pick up and start learning. So, I am starting off with doing a 30 day reading plan put together by Rick Warren. God said less TV and computer and More reading of His Word. Last Night I read Matthew 1-9. I was scared out of my pants that I wouldn't have a clue what it was talking about! However, I did much better than I thought. I actually understood it, well at least some of it. I sat in bed and read it out loud. I find I comprehend things better when I read it out loud. I then took each section and broke it down making sure I understood it. I then tried to put it into my life. How does it fit me today. How can I apply this to my life? Sooo... This is my Verse of the day!

"The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had it's foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:25
What's your life built upon? Is it solid or will it crumble under bad weather?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful quote about faith. It is what sustains us in hard times, they can tear you down to nothing, but if you have faith you have God and you can carry on.

I love that quote, it alone has made me want to build a spiritual foundation for my family, because without my faith, I don't know how I could have survived and if I can give that to my son, then I know he will always be okay.