Monday, April 04, 2005

The Babba's are gone for good!

We Did it.. FINALLY! The Bottle is officially gone... For good! I was worried I might melt under pressure and dig them out when Alex fell apart but he never actually got out of control. No food or water strike, no screaming for hours. I think he was ready and so was I. He is not drinking as much milk as he was but he is eating more! YEAH! Our nights have not improved yet.. He is still waking up often through the night, I think this may take a little longer to re-program. We are offering him very watered down milk during the night and will be switching to plain water this week! It wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be, Thank Goodness!

As for the potty training... Here today gone tomorrow! I think the 2 changes were to much for him as he quickly started refusing to sit on the potty and was freaking out. I do not want to force him to sit on it. I don't want melt downs about the potty or scare him away forever. I feel like he is still really young. SOO... We will wait a little while and try it again in a few months!

1 comment:

Ana said...

Woohoo, way to go Alex!! I'm sure he will potty train easily once he is ready!