Sunday, April 10, 2005

I'm a Woman........

I'm A Woman ......... Hear Me ROAR!!
For weeks I have been watching my husband be the "man" and work the chain saw until yesterday. We started our day calling the fire department here to get a burn permit. HUGE excitement in my young 2 year old son's life. He is currently obsessed with Fire Trucks and seeing thebig red engine roll down the street seriously made him freeze and just stare blankly at it. Anyway, after we did that Rick lit our pile on the fire. Rick worked at it for about 2 hrs and said everything was just too wet and we would have to try again later. Hmph.. I think not! He broke out the chain saw and asked me what I wanted cut dow, I showed him and he set to work. When he was mostly done I decided I needed my shot with that thing! How hard could it be to run a chain saw?? Rick was horrified and kept telling me I'll saw my leg off if the thing kicks back.. blah blah blah... LOL.. Typical MALE stuff! Finally he realized I wasn't backing down. He explained how to use it and off I went.
(Insert LOUD chain saw noise here)
The power in this thing was unreal.. yep.. NOW I get it Power tools are almost better than sex! I walked around the yard while my husband pushed the kid on the swing. Uhh yeah who where's the pants in this family??? After about 10 (small) tree's (don't want anyone to think I cut a forest down or anything), My arms were hurting. That bad boy is HEAVY! I set it down at Rick's feet with the biggest grin ever. Did I mention how much of a THRILL I got?
Next I went straight to work on the fire... It was still smoldering so I rearranged all the wood and moved the leaves around. It started to burn, so I quickly ran around throwing branches on top of it. By now it was afternoon and about 80 degrees. I raked up pile after pile of dry leaves, and sticks throwing them upon my fire and kept adding more brush until by 6pm I had everything burned!! I was sooooo proud of myself. My face was BEAT red, I stunk like smoke but I was such a STUD!!!
I am a Woman, Hear me ROAR!!! Anything a man can do.... I can do too!! !

No comments: