Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Baking in Texas!

God Bless all you Texans! It is hotter than SIN here. It has been 99+ everyday and that is without the humidity. I am seriously melting. I don't know how you all do it. I thought Mississippi was hot but at least ours comes in waves. Ugh...

I have gotten sad news while here, a friend at home, sons committed suicide last week. My heart sank into my toes. As a Mother I cannot imagine, as a friend my heart just aches. Thankfully she is a Godly woman and is just so thankful for the time she did have with this wonderful young man. Pleas hug your babies tight, and say a special prayer for Eric who's soul is now at peace.

My time away has been good. We spent the weekend in Shreveport, lounging in the pool. My son is just a fish. He loves to jump and dive in and can even swim under water alone. He has no fear and just loves the pool.

We are now in Fort Worth, TX. Rick's 81 year old Grandmother lives here and Rick's Mom is here visiting. We are truly enjoying our time. Life was just so stressful and crazy before we left. I am hoping some calm has found our home upon our return. Alex is loving all the attention and love he is getting. It's so good to see him smiling and laughing. Potty training is still going really well, although it's still a refusal on #2! Sigh...

Looking forward to getting home and getting back into my daily routine!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Texas makes me think of King of the Hill. Ha. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

My prayers have been with Eric and his family as they will continue to be.

I am happy that you are able to enjoy your time away from home and leave all the stress behind! I pray when you return home life will be less stressful!

Now........get you butt back home girlie I miss you and our daily chats! LOL

Big Texan Hugs to you and Alex!

PS. I think Rick is getting lonely....he called last night and talked to Eddie for over an hour! LOL

M said...

God's peace to your friend and her family.

Anonymous said...

Hi girly girl!Glad u finly posted! I've been missin u!

Eric's funeral is Friday at 3 at First UMC in Starkville.

The girls and I had Easter lunch at Hal and Gloria's this year. Eric was there, swimming in the FREEZING weather! Hal had turned on the pool heater, but it was so COLD outside we had blankets. Eric had his dog in the pool with him, was so cute! He was a super kid, full of fun! I'm so sorry for his mom.

Hurry home, be safe!

love ya!

Renee