Sunday, July 03, 2005

"Just say No To Tom Cruise"

The time has come, my 20 year love affair with Tom Cruise is officially over. What was once a school girl's lust has turned into an Adult Woman's disrespect. I find everything in Mr. Cruise's actions in the last 6 months DISGUSTING! First the so-called love affair with Katie Holmes. It comes off as such a media ploy. I find it oddly interesting that they both have what should have been 2 blockbuster summer hits coming out at the same time. They have never met yet Tom suddenly wants to "meet" her. Katie once tells a magazine she "wants to marry Tom Cruise? " Uhh, Honey the line starts back there (pointing behind me)!!!! Tom in the past has always been so shy and demure about his relationships yet suddenly he is jumping and screaming on Oprah's couch? What the heck is happening here! Where did my studly Top Gun Pilot go??? Ahh the day's when we were young and so ignorant. I grew out of that phase sadly Tom Cruise grew into it.

Now I applaud him for adopting 2 children, who clearly are being given a life many will never see. HOWEVER, with that said how DARE he put down a woman for needing medication to help cure her of Postpartum Depression. Unless you have given birth yourself and have had this illness take hold of you, you can by no means judge ANYONE else! I would like to see Mr. Tom go through what Rick, Alex and I went through during Alex's birth. ALONE! Yes that's right, no nannies, no drivers, no cooks, cleaners, personal accountants, no freebies, no private jets, NOTHING but our hearts, our souls, our Love and God. Tom Cruise you are not worth the gum I scrapped off my shoe this morning. I am ashamed of you! I will NOT be paying to see one single more movie of yours! NOT ONE!!!

My next bumper sticker will say: "Just say no to Tom Cruise"


8 comments:

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

I say no! NO MORE TOM CRUISE. How dare he be so callous. I am so glad someone else has decided to take a stand and not watch anymore of his films or fiascos. He should be ashamed.

Elizabeth said...

Also, his push for Scientology is a bit...lame?

M said...

Whew!!!!! You tell 'em Martha! Everbody is mad at him. I'm gonna link your article on my blog. You go Girl!!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm an MSMS kid. I suppose I have to be exposed to these things away from home. Ha.

Elizabeth said...

Hmmm, I think I'll take it to heart. Especially since I'm so weirded out by distance relationships. I mean, we have set expectations for what we want in the next year but atleast we talked about being away from each other, right? Boo. Relationships are the pits. But anyway, I didn't wake up until a little after noon because I'm a teenager and can do that, right? Oh, and what church do you go to? I'm not a big fan of church and the "church atmosphere" but all of the churches in Columbus are very hospitable to all the MSMS students.

M said...

What does MSMS stand for?

M said...

Martha~ We/you got some feedback on my blog. Man, people are really passionate on this one!

M said...

Dakota is a cutie pie. I'd like to see her movie with Robert Deniro.