Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Big Boy Undies... UPDATE!

Day 2 of "Official" potty training. We are no longer wearing diapers except at nap time and bed time! He is still waking up wet so for now I think this is the best plan. Last night at Bible Study my friends Vicky & Marie gave me some great Public Potty Suggestions! They told me to sit Alex backwards on the potty. That this would make him not feel like he's going to fall in and has a much bigger target to hit! This of course won't work for #2 but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. We went to the park this morning and.... BINGO... It WORKED!!! Like a charm!!! YIPPEE!!! He went 2x while we were there of course only with prompting by me but hey.. At least no accident's right?

We ended yesterday with only 1 accident all day!!! Even when we went to Bible Study! YEAH!!!

Today.. Only 1 accident again! It was totally my fault! From now on the VERY first thing we will do when we get home from anywhere is run inside and GO POTTY!! Mommy has REALLY learned this time.

He is even getting out of the pool when he needs to go and ummm... peeing on the grass!! He told me Miller (our dog) does it so, so can he! LOL.. How could I argue with that mentality?

Now.. Tomorrow will be interesting as we have a 2hr drive to Birmingham for his appointment with the nuerosurgeon! Not sure how the drive will go. I think I am going to buy a training potty and put it in the back of my SUV for when we are driving!

Three Cheers for Alex! He's doing GREAT!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!

WTG Alex....you are such a BIG BOY!

M said...

Actually the backwwards technique works quite well for #2. That's how Owen pees and poops on the potty. That is unless he's in public, then he either stands to pee or sits right to poop. Great progress!!!

Modokker said...

That's great. WE aren't officially training, but Joey just stands on a step stool and pees like the other boys do standing up. He will sit sometimes too though. Actually going outside is how my other boys got started. Nothing wrong with that unless the passing cars can see. lol Johnathon did that in front of our house in KY and waved at some workers in a truck as they drove by. I was mortified but they laughed.

Ana said...

That's great Martha! WTG Alex!

M said...

How's the potty training going? Does he sit frontways or backwards?