Monday, June 06, 2005

Memphis... a Big City!

Hi Everyone.. Were back! We spent the weekend in Memphis, TN with Rick's parents. Ahhh.. The City. The smell... The food.. The SHOPPING! It was a visual delight to Rick and I. We seriously got whip lash trying to look at everything. It's amazing what you get so use to not having. We even got to go shopping at Barnes & Noble. I didn't want to leave. I was in Book Heaven!!!! The air conditioning, the small of coffee mixed with books. Ahhh intoxicating!

And ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Did I mention the FOOD in Memphis???? Just on one street, make that 1 mile, they had more restaurants then we do in all of Columbus. WAY better choices too! Joe's Crab Shack, Olive Garden, Corky's BBQ, Red Lobster, T.G.I. Friday's, Logan's Roadhouse, Chili's, and so many more. We couldn't decide where to eat first!

IF you are ever in the Memphis area I HIGHLY suggest getting your butt into a Corky's for some INCREDIBLE Chicken BBQ Nacho's. I Know it sounds weird... Tortilla chips, Nacho cheese, pulled chicken, BBQ sauce, Jalepeno's, and some spice on top not sure what it was. They are seriously making my mouth water just thinking about them. Ahhh.. a little piece of food heaven! They are mouth watering, lip smacking, tummy pleasing, taste bud jumping, AWESOME! I would just like to THANK Corky's for that incredible food experience. I am missing you already.

Oh hey.. Corky's can be found in more places than just TN! They are also in Kentucky, Missouri, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Arkansas!!

We Really had a great time! BUT.. I think the highlight of my weekend was the Zoo! There were 2 Elephants and they took 1 to the back to be artificially inseminated, when they did this the other one got really mad and destroyed her area. IT WAS INSANE! She was smashing barrels, rolling in her water pit, trumpeting, slamming her body into the back wall. Apparently she is 41 years old while the other elephant is only 21. "TY" feels like the baby elephant is just that her baby. She feels like her job is to protect her and care for her. It was incredibly interesting and exciting to see although the entire time my heart just broke for poor "TY". Sadly, our video camera battery had died just moments before this happened! Figures right? The 2nd female was back in less than 15 minutes where TY quickly greeted her and calmed right down. Lots of loving pats and treats were given. The Memphis Zoo is very clean, well maintained, and the animals all looked as if they were very well cared for. I enjoyed it almost as much as the San Diego Zoo! I give it 2 thumbs up!!!

The other place we hit was Beale Street which at 11am, was not really active. BUT, I bet without a 2 year old, and at 11:00 at night it would be ROCKIN!!! Sadly, we didn't get to find out! Maybe next time.

We also got to see the FAMOUS Peabody Ducks! A MUST see for anyone with a child! It is a 1 minute show with a 30 minute build up! But the kids truly love it! Alex got a front row seat and actually got to touch one of the ducks. A real highlight for a 2 year old!!

All in all it was an amazing trip. A great getaway from reality! A much needed break!!! Now.. I am off to do laundry! Back to reality!

1 comment:

Ana said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Can we see some pictures?