Monday, June 27, 2005

Big Boy Undies...

Who ever said potty training is easy I would seriously like to KICK them!! We have taken the slow approach to this potty training thing. I figured my son was under 3 and I seriously did not want to force the issue. Today.. Was our first trip out of the house with BIG BOY undies!! We went to the coffee shop, the bank and full grocery shopping at Wal-mart. Before we started shopping we went to the bathroom... Umm... He screamed.. "I'm going to fall in". I could help but laugh! I recall thinking that same thing as a child. Ahh back in the day of having a skinny butt. I finally ended up wrapping my arms around him basically holding him up so he could... Umm.. Do his thing!! YEAH!! He actually used a toilet outside of the house. HUGE step! We shopped for an hour no accidents! Made it home.. Still dry! I of course asked... "Alex do you need to pee?", and of course I was told "No". Mom's 1st mistake believing a 2 1/2 year old! Not 10 minutes later he walks back in "Oh No, Mama I had an accident". Well SHOOT!!!!!! Were getting there slowly but surely! Maybe we can make it the entire day.. With no diaper and only 1 accident?? We shall see!!!


4 comments:

M said...

2 1/2? That's pretty remarkable! My kid was 3 1/2 when he finally decided he was going to be a BIG BOY. Of course it didn't help that Grandma kept trying to put him on the potty from the time he could walk. It scared him so badly that I thought he'd never get on the thing. Everytime I thought we were making progress, she'd put him on again and there went all our progress. I finally told David to tell his mom to stop. Last year @ VBS we had an accident a night until the last 2 nights. He decided that he was missingout on fun while mom had to clean him up. So, I always say that VBS trained Owen. We are currently going this week, so he's been trained for a full year now. Yippee!!! Good luck and blessings on your training. :-)

Ana said...

Martha, R has been potty trained since September and I still don't believe her when she says she doesn't need to go. I always ask her before we leave the house and when we come back and I make her go even if she says she doesn't need to. She always ends up going.
Good luck!

Modokker said...

I hate potty training. My daycare lady will probably get us started if John doesn't. He is usually the one who gets them trained. He's not here for Joey all the time so i'm not sure how it will go. Right now he is only half interested but a little encouragement might make the difference. Sounds like Alex is doing well with it!

M said...

This year he's been coming out of the men's room with his shorts undone looking for someone to button and zip him. I guess that's some sort of progress... :-)