Sunday, June 12, 2005

Warp Speed

Do you ever feel like your life goes from 0 to 60 over night? This is how I am feeling.. And honestly I am LOVING it!!! I am jumping feet first into so many things and it is truly putting a smile on my face.

Rick and I are struggling financially. We have been in prayer in this over what is the "right" thing as a family to do. Sending me back to work although the obvious solution to many wasn't what we were hoping for. We just do NOT feel like Alex is ready to go back into day care full time. I am afraid for his health. Not to mention he has truly just flourished since being home with me. We had decided last night that I would apply for a night time job at Wal-Mart as a cashier, stocking or something working about 20hrs a week in the evening. We weren't thrilled with this idea as it meant a lot less family time for us but sadly bill collectors don't care about family time! This settled we went off to church this morning. As I was reading the back of our Church's welcome hand out - BOOM - it squareds me in the face. In bold black print - OFFICE ASSISTANT NEEDED! OMG.. My jaw dropped and I wanted to shout THANK YOU GOD! Our church is looking for an office assistant. Could this be anymore up my alley?? I leaned over and pointed it out to Rick, who quickly said see.. The Lord does hear us. Needless to say I could barely wait for Nace to stop speaking (sorry Nace), to go and speak to someone about the position. Tonight, I e-mailed my resume and references off. So.. If you can give me a few extra prayers about this job it would be greatly appreciated. With Alex heading to pre-school 2 days a week in the Fall this would be spectacular. Of course none of the "details" have been fine tuned nor all my questions answered. BUT, I have asked God to guide me and let me know if this is my next step as a Christian.

I also got asked today if I would help be a coordinator for the Woman's Bible Study for the summer. Basically, my roll will be finding things for us to do and places for us to meet. We are not going to be doing any one particular study this summer but rather meeting every other week to fellowship with one another. PERFECT I say! I was honored that my name came up and was happy to be able to help out!

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." Matthew 21:22

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!! I will PRAY, PRAY, PRAY....this is soooooo right up your alley! A year from now we will both be looking back at this time in our lives........THANKING GOD IT IS OVER! LOL

Love ya!

M said...

We are in the same position over here. I will continue to pray for you and your family. God's Blessings to you!! michelle.

Ana said...

Praying that it all works out the way you want it to Martha!

alyssa said...

Hey Martha! Come back to CA! I know a crazy doctor you can work for! She will drive you batty but it pays great! ;)