Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Day 3 can it be THIS simple?

Day 3 Friday Night 5-5-06

All day Friday we discuss the new bed time routine with Alex. He is on day 3 without taking a nap and seems to be doing well with it, plus bedtime is far less of a struggle. I decide we are doing well so I move to the door jam at bedtime. Once again he is out like a champ. In fact in under 10 minutes. Rick and I actually get to settle down to watch a movie together at a normal hour. I think I might love the Sleep Lady, she is my new best friend. I am getting farther into the book and realize all the ways Rick and I created these bad habits by offering Alex so many excuses, yet were they excuses? The medical stuff was real, soo could he have handled this earlier? IS he still waking at night because that is what his body has been trained to do or something more? The night itself goes a little rougher with 4 wakings, demanding milk, crying, me falling asleep up right in the door jam. Saturday Morning he comes into our room at sun up anounces he slept like a big boy... Gets in our bed, drinks milk and we all sleep together until almost 7am. I am officially exhausted! BUT... According to the sleep lady it takes 2-3 weeks for this to stick........ I am praying I can make it 2-3 weeks!!!!

No comments: