Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The sleep lady takes over!

I have put down my foot, thrown a fit, and demanded to take back my marriage bed from my 3 1/2 year old son Alex. NO MORE family bed.. NO more MILK, and NO MORE having my husband falling alseep in his room only to stay there all night. After all this time I just cannot stand another minute of it and I am tried of making excsuses for his lack of sleep. Sadly after doing a lot of reading I realize just how badly we have failed to teach him in this department. I could list a thousand reason why things have turned out the way they have... but what's the point?

The important thing is that we are turning it around! Last week we started a new sleep "program". The sleep lady is now in charge and I have turned my anguish over to her. So, my next few entries are all going to be journaling our sleep patterns, discoveries, and trials! Hang on as I have found out... it's gets pretty bumpy.

Night One: I let Rick run through the normal routine of reading books, drinking milk, brushing teeth, then... I told Alex that it was time to start sleeping like a big boy and that Mommy and Daddy would no longer be sleeping with him. I started sitting at his bedroom door which went surprisngly well. In fact he didn't even argue! He was out in about 25 minutes without ever getting out of bed or a word from me. He woke up several times but didn't argue too much about being put back into his bed alone..... next step Day 2!


No comments: