Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Day 7 yet it feels like Day 1

Day 7 sleep shuffle.... Tuesday Night 5-9-06
Day 1 No Milk!

Once again we went through our routine... And I took my place just outside the door.. I was beyond tired and actually fell asleep there waiting for Alex to fall asleep. He fussed some about wanting Daddy but I held my ground. Rick got me up at about 8:40 asking me if I now preferred the floor to our bed. I had to laugh as I am starting to not care where I sleep as long as I sleep. I crawled into bed and was out! I slept uneasy with a lot of wakings.. I kept looking at the clock thinking oh God he's going to wake me up any minute.. I need to sleep! 3:00 and he did wake me up with a quick tap on my shoulder. He took my hand and back to bed he went.. He told me once again he wanted Milk and I explained he couldn't have milk until the sun came up! I offered him water and he freaked, screaming at me. I told him I was sorry, I loved him, and that he could do this. And took my place on the floor.... Only I couldn't sleep... So I sat at my computer! LOL... 30 minutes later he was up again! Same thing...... This time I laid on the floor.. He cried for about 5 minutes and quieted down... Then asleep. 30 minutes later again only louder this time... I got up and told him he needed to go to sleep that the sun would not come up faster by crying! I gave him his snuggly dog and went back to my spot in the hallway. Once I knew he was asleep I went to bed at about 4:30. He got in bed with us at 6:20, he got milk and the two of us slept until 7:45.

It's going to get better right??

I am at the section in the Good Night sleep tight book about medical issues. Sadly out of all the issues listed we have dealt with 5 of the 9 issues! Reflux, Colic, Asthma, Ear infections, Apnea, and most likely ADHD which 2 doctors have said they feel he has. I worry that he will need a sleep study that in a month we will STILL be doing this. If so.. I will call his doctor and get a sleep study done and more testing. BUT I truly am trying to remain positive on this!!

Today - Wednesday 5-10-06

Nap was a BREEZE! I am almost afraid at how easy it was. I laid him in his bed with his milk (he can still have it for nap time), I told him I was going to be at my computer and in 5 minutes I would come check on him. That he needed to stay in his bed! He cried some and I assured him I would be right here! After 5 minutes I went back and he was laying there, eyes open, but IN BED without a sound. I reassured him from the door that he was a good boy and I would be right here and come back in 5 minutes. When I went back he was ASLEEP!
To make sure he doesn't sleep too long I'll wake him up at 3:30!

Pray for us!

No comments: