Saturday, June 21, 2008

Alex Rocks!


Well it's far too early since I was awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night. But That being said I thought I would re-introduce my pride and joy.. ALEX!!

So here is a recent picture of The Man, The Myth, The Legend! LOL.. This is from our 2008 T-ball season. He played for the Giants and Rick and I were assistant coaches. He had a good season with a lot less crying which was really nice. We really worked on his swing and about half way through I got him leaning back and stepping and then BAM... he started parking it. He has been hitting some gorgeous line drives into center field since then. He is still pretty weak in the catching area but I think it's because he literally can't see the ball till it smacks him in the head. lol That being said he was the youngest member of the team yet one of the better players. He was consistent. He has a great throw but gets anxious and misses his target (normal for this age) and awesome hitting. We really just needs to work on his fielding and catching but I truly believe we are on the brink with that too.

For some reason this year he has taken to wanting to pitch. He has a mean pitching wind-up too. I am not sure where that comes from since he is still in t-ball. However, I started pitching in softball at 7 and pitched for the next 10 years. Red Sox fans delight though because he is LEFT HANDED!!!! Could he be a dream come true and be a left handed pitcher??? OH BABY..... Be sure to keep his name tucked into your memory because one day you just might see him pitching for my beloved Red Sox in the world series.

Hey a Mama can dream!!!!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

How exciting, I'm so glad he had an awesome season. We did coach pitch this year and it was great but I think Coreys ready for a baseball break so we will try soccer in the spring. Good for you guys coaching, we LOVED it when it was the 3 of us or when Ally was a baby, its so hard now that shes running around. Looks like we will take a few seasons off until she can sit and watch. LOL