Thursday, June 26, 2008

Luke 10: 41

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed." ~ Luke 10:41

A friend (let's call him Andrew) who has been praying for me regarding numerous things but especially Africa told me a story today. He was in the book store looking for a special bible for my husband. (That's another story), but during the process he was thumbing through one and opened directly up to Luke 10:41. Interesting since he was thinking of both Rick and I. Even more with everything he knows that is going on in my head regarding Africa.

Andrew is not one who runs around pointing out random things and says it's from God, BUT, when something really hits him and truly feels like it's God speaking he listens and shares if necessary.

When Andrew told me I laughed... but he said He truly believed that with all my stress over if I should go to Africa I may actually be missing something. Did he happen to know what that something IS? No.. of course not. :) But man I loved him for sharing....

I am working hard to not allow Africa to become a focus but rather allow God to show me the way. However, what I am finding is it's like trying to get pregnant. Once you actually decide and start trying you suddenly notice every maternity store, every pregnant women on the street, and every infant in a 500 mile radius.

No, I am not finding every missionary in Columbus and grilling them but I do find myself turning my head to every magazine, book, tv show, movie, or newspaper article about Africa. The more I read the more my heart breaks, the more I feel led.

Today in the car Alex asked me "Mama, how many more days till you go to Africa? (pause and before I could answer) The babies are waiting for you"

*** Side notes from Andrew who I spoke about above***
"I have some additional commentary on Africa. I think what I was trying to to say about your focus is that maybe YOU were still trying to figure out the particulars of going or not going rather than BEING STILL and waiting for God to make it clear in His time. Somehow that came out that you were missing something. I didn't mean that in a tangible sense, more that perhaps you should focus on His will and let Him work out the particulars."


No comments: