Monday, June 30, 2008

You Fail....

I was handed my "in training" card for the 4 eyed geek club today. The bill was steep and the kick to the ego was hard. Yes, I failed my eye exam and am getting O-L-D. The doctor laughed pretty hard at me when I said I hadn't had my eyes checked since I was 16. Then he asked me to read the bottom line which looked like Chinese writing on crack to me. My eyes glazed over as I struggled to focus and I suddenly felt like I was sitting in Ms. Lavoie's History class praying she didn't call on me because I didn't do my homework. UGH...

The doctor was nice as he watched my ego slide out the door and down the nearest toilet. He even was polite when I asked him if he was pulling my leg and to do the test again. So yeah not only did I fail it once, I failed it twice. I don't rock.... today! :(

As we get up to leave after our discussion on choosing glasses and the fact I cannot wear contacts due to astigmatism I do the insane, I ask well how bad are they? He responds with the bitterly sobering "If you went to take a driver's test today you would fail." OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

SO.. I ordered me some extra eyes to help this old hag try and attempt to drive. I cannot promise I'll post any pictures of myself but maybe... if I have a good hair day. They are suppose to be in by Friday. OH Joy... lol

I declared today that I am now having a mid-life crisis. I got my haircut and not loving it, I got a horrible cold sore on my lip, I failed my eye exam and had to get glasses AND I am PMSing. A friend asked me what I plan to do next run out and get a Harley and I decided no safer to become a Lesbian. :)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey, cool people wear glasses! ;)
Welcome to the OLD people club!!!

alyssa said...

M-
I've worn glasses SINCE I was 17 and I manage ok! Plus I have an astigmatism and I wear contacts. Purple ones at that. It's all good in the end when you can see and don't hit a tree! XOXO
-A