Friday, June 20, 2008

Heartburn.........

Heartburn is like the devil...

I fight it everyday yet continue to eat foods that I know I shouldn't. Honestly though just about everything irritates it. This "morning" 1:31am to be exact I sit in my recliner regurgitating the black raspberry ice cream that I ate at 8pm. UGH....

Unlike most people my heartburn takes on the lovely special effect of causing my lungs to burn thus setting off my asthma. This morning I awoke to not only 2 dogs on my head one of which was licking my face off but also an asthma attack. grrreeeeaaatttttt.......... (said with much sarcasm).

I have suffered with asthma for 33 yrs now.. and only in the last 3 did they finally figure out that my asthma was partially being caused by heartburn. WHOA... Taking an pill every day for my stomach has basically put a stop to the wheezing. BUT when the stomach flairs up you can guarantee so does the asthma. sigh.....

So here I sit in my recliner at now 1:36am waiting for the drugs to kick in so I can quit burping up black raspberry ice cream with chocolate jimmies. (OR for you southern people sprinkles).

Well lookie there... you look up the definition of heartburn and look what you get the mention of asthma!!!

"Heartburn or pyrosis is a painful or burning sensation in the esophagus, just below the breastbone usually associated with regurgitation of gastric acid.[1] The pain often rises in the chest and may radiate to the neck, throat, or angle of the jaw. Heartburn is also identified as one of the causes of chronic cough, and may even mimic asthma. Despite its name, heartburn actually has nothing to do with the heart. It is so called because of a burning sensation of the breastbone where the heart is located although some heart problems do have a similar sensation to heartburn. Compounding the confusion is the fact that hydrochloric acid from the stomach comes back up the esophagus because of a problem with the cardiac sphincter, a valve which misleadingly contains the word "cardiac" (an adjective referring to the heart) in its name."

Notice no mention of the devil though... hmph! Go Figure.. I am sure it is a spawn of satan though. WELL THAT JUST isn't COOL!! Spell checker wants me to capitalize satan. WHAT!?!?! does satan deserve to be capitalized like we capitalize our names or Jesus?? I think not. I am just going to have to ignore those ugly red lines all over my page screaming spelling error. I would like to send mister spell checker a nasty little e-mail about his spelling of satan. ugh.. satan may be a "proper name" but excuse me it does NOT deserve to be capitalized. Not at least in my little corner of the blogging world.

In my quest of uncapitalizing (which apparently is not a word) satan I found this blog that agrees with me. Down with capitalizing satan!! Now, after just surfing this guys blog for a few minutes I am totally tickled and bookmarked him. BUT my highlight is that he totally agrees satan should not be capitalized. Maybe I can start a new trend and get others to not capitalize satan too??

Okay it's 2am and I am on a rant about capitalization... seriously! I haven't posted in almost a year and THIS is the best I can come up with???

No comments: