Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Glasses are not for Nerds!





Tell me that's not the cutest thing you have ever seen!! Alex got his glasses today. He struggled to pass his 20/20 vision. He did but just barely. He really squinted and his left eye watered like crazy. He also had astigmatism. So we decided to go with glasses to give his eyes a little help and allow them a chance to mature and get stronger. We will see in a year how is doing. I think this is a good thing with him starting Kindergarten in August.
I am going to get my eyes checked next Monday. I have not had them checked since I turned 16. Basically 15 years. OUCH!! Plus with my headaches and the amount of time I spend on here who knows what I will do. Everyone in my family wears glasses except my brother Tim. I wore them for 1 year in 6th grade due to poor lighting in the classroom I was in.

2 comments:

Modokker said...

Alex looks adorable! I have astigmatism too! I had glasses for a while around 7th grade i think then i didn't need them. When we lived in Ky i noticed i had a hard time reading road signs so i went for a eye test and sure enough i needed them again. Have had them ever since. Johnathon has had them since 3rd grade i think. John got some shortly after i got mine too. None of John's brother os sister or my brother and sister have them. My parents do but they are older and so does John's parents.

Tell Alex I think he looks quite handsome and smart in his new spectacles!

Shawna said...

You are soooo right, no way is that cutie a nerd. He's looks so handsome.