Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wanted - My Review


Today Rick and I had a "Date Day". Now this in itself is HUGE. We never get an hour alone never mind 7 hours!!! Alex went off to VBS with his friend Coleton at State Line Baptist Church.

Rick and I decided to pick an "adult" film and off we went. We decided on "Wanted" with Angelina Jolie. My Husband was a fan of hers from Gone in 60 seconds.

This movie started off like a scene out of the office. The main character "Wesley" starts off as a miserable cubicle dweller and by the end of the movie less than 120 minutes later he is a master assassin. Do NOT go in to this movie expecting to be "fed" intellectually. In fact don't even expect this movie to be believable. This movie runs along the same lines as The Matrix as Wesley is trained to "bend bullets". Blood, blood, and more blood is key. The violence and depth of gore is never ending. I found myself cringing as I watched bullets rip through skulls and knives shred guts to pieces. Wanted was quick paced with a thin story line.

Angelina was a disappointment. She was far to thin to be sexy or believable. She needed some muscles and curves to go along with her kick ass attitude. sigh....

I suggest waiting till this comes out on DVD and rent it then...

I give this movie a C+

No comments: