Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wall*E - My Review

My review is just that MY REVIEW! It's my personal opinion of the movie as I see it... Take it with a grain of salt or with something more. Totally up to you!!

Last night Wall*E opened in theaters. I went to see it with 2 - 3 yr olds, 1 - 4 year old, 3 - 5 year olds, plus 4 adults! We had a great crew and we very excited about this new Disney / Pixar movie.

The graphics in this movie were exceptional. Hands down Pixar just keeps getting better. However, I found the plot to be thin and over the head of most of the kids in the theater. There are very little words as 2 robots communicate through beeps. The humans are fat, lazy, and brainless. The entire human race lives on a space ship while our lives are run by computers. I felt there was a bit too much political stance in the movie. Where some may think our world is headed. Could i leave to some productive conversations between kids and adults? It's possible. Basically this movie was okay but not the 4 star other reviewers were raving about. I was not blown away. Nemo, Toy Story, and Ratatouille far accede this film! I give it a B-

NOW.. My 5 1/2 yr old would like to give a review:

"Go see this movie! I loved it. I thought the robots were cute and funny."

Go figure a mother and son don't see eye to eye....

1 comment:

YankeeAmanda said...

Well I still haven't taken Jadyn to see it, now I'm not sure I will. I wanted to take her with a group of friends to her first movie anyway, and I think most everyone has already seen it. I'll wait for something that seems more likely to keep her attention.