Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Another Piece is gone....

When I got pregnant my Mother bought us a GORGEOUS Legacy Crib. It was very expensive. Our expectation was that it would work for more than one child. Sadly, of course we can't have more children. To make it worse Alex is the worse sleeper ever and he maybe slept in it a total of 20 times. Rick has been saying for some time now that we need to sell it. It's big and bulky. Heck we have already moved it across the country from CA to AL, and then again from AL to MS.
This week http://www.cooperscloset.com/page2.html Cooper's Closet is in town. It is a HUGE consignment Sale. Well, I decided it was time. We took the crib out of storage, cleaned it up, and off it went. We brought it over last night and began to set it up. Within minutes before it was even put together we had a woman asking about it. SOLD.... yep she bought it on the spot. Whoa.... I wasn't expecting that.

I swallowed hard as we walked away last night.... It was yet another piece of Alex's babyhood gone never to be seen again. One more nail in the coffin saying your not having any more children. I know it was time but it doesn't make it any easier. The most interesting part was the Mother who bought it was 42, and had a 13 year old son and a 10 year old daughter. This was an unexpected pregnancy. She is 15 weeks along and having a boy. She looked shell shocked, like a deer in headlights. I think she is trying to adjust to needing all this "stuff". LOL.. I looked her square in the face and told her "This may have been an unplanned pregnancy on your part but not on God's. God never does anything accidentally." She hugged me and told me that was exactly what she needed to hear. I walked away knowing my Babies Crib was going to give great comfort to another baby, yet still a little sad.


1 comment:

Ana said...

Martha I'm so sorry, it must have been hard for you. Many many hugs my friend!