Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Have you ever?

Stepping up onto my Whiney Box....... Pity Party to the Right!

Have you ever had a day when you feel like you suck? At EVERYTHING? That everyone around you is just plain better than you? Today this is me.......

* A better wife

* A better Mother

* More organized

* Financially secure

* Richer

* Smarter

* Cleaner

* Friendlier

* Happier

* Skinnier

* Prettier

* More creative

* Closer to God

The list could just go on and on here..... Today I feel like the gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe. I know it's partially the medication I am taking and it is partially the truth. I just hate days like today. (sad frown). I HATE not being organized and on top of everything... I just feel like everything is spiraling out of control, yet at the same time I feel so at peace.
I realize I am contradicting myself here but that's how I feel....... So join the pity part. Dump your emotions here, join me on the bottom of a shoe! I'm all ears!

Tomorrow WILL be a better day!

3 comments:

Ana said...

Martha my friend, I hope you are feeling better today! We all have these shitty days but let me tell you you are an amazing woman and I admire you alot.
((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Hey friend,
Gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe stinks. Puts you in a bad mood, but what joy when you get it off; at first you can still feel its sticky attachment to the floor. Soon it is behind you. Ohh but when you step on gum and you are in good company (our Lord)it's not so bad - you can see it's truly short term effect. It also forces you to sit down and face the problem. Love your gum visual - your gum covered shoes are always welcome in my house. Lori

Anonymous said...

Wow, too bad you don't see what I see. You should look at yourself like God does....All the beautiful things you do and are...and as for the bad stuff, he just sighs and reminds himself "She is a work in progress!"

Look at Alex, that is just insight into how God looks at you.