Thursday, March 03, 2005

Life in the Military!

It's funny how God lays opportunities before you.....

I stumbled upon a "strangers" Blog the other day and started reading. His name is Caleb and he's 22 and currently stationed in Iraq. How COOL is it that the every day public can go on this journey with him. Imagine what it must be like over there? His posts are witty, and full of emotion. I find him intelligent yet yearning for so much more. I asked If I could place his link here on my Blog and he agreed! So if you have the time please stop by and say Hello to Caleb! Machine Gun Medic

I also found a link on his site to be very interesting! I posted a few days ago how my friends husband was sent to Iraq as well. You can now send care packages to any soldier or even one you know through this site. Treats for Troops! Care package, military care packages, care package for troops (yes, Caleb's mailing address is on his Blog and he would LOVE to get a care package)! You can foster a soldier, or even send a group gift to a unit. PLUS the soldiers get to register there. I know how excited I get when a package arrives. Imagine not seeing any friends or families (not to mention the living conditions) and a package arrives with YOUR name on it. How cool for them. You also can pick if you want to donate to a male or female, even someone from your own home state!! PLEASE if you can send a little package to our Military out there honoring our Country and Protecting your freedom it would be great. These people risk their lives on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is great! I was just talking to my babysitter about this!

She said that they really need baby wipes, that they are a big relief because it is so hot out there.

I am giving her this info ASAP!