Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Stepping out of the box!

We started going to Church back in November, and 2 weeks ago I finally filled out a comment card. This let's the church leadership team know we are new, and what we are looking for in the church. We decided it was time to join a small bible study group. This is a key to Hope Community Church. Quickly afterwards we were invited to numerous groups. I was nervous. I wasn't sure if Rick was really ready for the intimate sitting of a "bible study". It was a huge stretch into the unknown for both of us. This was something neither of us had ever done. I also needed to think about Alex. Some of the studies we were invited to we couldn't bring him and that just would not have worked for us, as I can't afford to leave him with a babysitter. Plus, I have never actually left him with someone I didn't know and trust. We went Monday Night to our FIRST Bible Study. The couples name who runs it is Vicky and Reny. They actually use to live in San Diego, so to us it was like a bond. Rick and Reny bonded at Church so this was a big help. Also several of the other couples in the group I know from going to MOPS. Vicky and Reny have 6 children all of whom are home schooled. The best part is they only live 5 minutes away from us and we can bring Alex!!!! A bonus to it is that Vicky cooks for us every week which is just incredible. We both had a good time and so did Alex. We learned a few new thing and felt comfortable. So, I think we will be going back as long as the group will have us.

I have also decided to join one of the woman's groups as well. They meet on Wednesday's. Tonight will be my first real time with them. I am actually feeling pretty relaxed about that!

Rick also let it be known on Sunday to our Pastor that he wanted to be involved with the Men's Retreat they are planning. HOORAY for Rick. I am really excited for him. Some of the woman and I were joking with him that we wanted to know what went on at a Men's retreat so we were gonna go peek in the windows at them. heeee..... Anyone's husband been to an all Men's retreat? Fill us in... What goes on?? I am certain it's not all the giggling and crying that went on at mine!


TOTALLY off topic but I am LOVING the Amazing Race with Rob and Amber. I'm sorry but they make a great couple. They have yet to fight with each other and really route each other on. I LOVE that! I know they don't really need the money in comparison to other teams BUT I would really like to see them do well. I like them!

1 comment:

Ana said...

That's great Martha! You and Rick really seem to be connecting with these people and it's so important to belong to a comunity! Godd ofr you!