Monday, March 28, 2005

My Testimony!

Happy Easter everyone! I hope your day was filled with family and love. Jesus has Risen and all is well.

I have volunteered to give my Testimony or "my story" on Wednesday night at the woman's bible study. You might ask yourself what a testimony is exactly. This is what I have found out.

"Christian Testimonies: The Stories of Our Lives - Christian testimonies are the stories told by believers about what God has done and is doing in their lives. Today, we often think of the word "testimonial," in which people offer their personal experiences with a product. In this case, the encounter being described is with a person-the person of God in Jesus Christ."

This is a HUGE leap in faith and trust for me. My heartaches and journey in life has not been an easy or normal one. It is not something I share easily with others, and even less with people I don't know really well. I have prayed really hard about this. I decided it was time. In order to have true fellowship with these woman I need to be able to let down my guard and bare my soul. Also, I want them all to feel comfortable enough to do this with me. Several of them have already shared their story and they stepped out on a limb trusting me. Now it is my turn.
My history with trust is not a solid one. I have been let down more times than I can count. However, never before have I had the Lord on my side. Never, have I had friends who so deeply trusted themselves with God.

I have been thinking about "my story" for a week now... Trying to decide where to begin and where to end. There is so much I could say but truly what key events led me to my lack of faith in God. What key events lead me to God. How did I find my way. These are all the questions I hope to answer. "My Story" like everyone's is a continuing story, each page being written as my life continues.

I was doing some research on the word Testimony so decided to "Google" it, expecting to get most "court" type answers. As in.. So and so gave their testimony. Amazingly enough the entire first page was Christian based. I personally really enjoyed this site This Christian Life.

Even more amazing was I actually found some people had their Testimony posted on-line for the world to view!! Here are a couple I found: Steve's Story, Testimonies, Francis D. Goodman Jr, Nancy Marie.

I don't think you'll be reading my testimony up on the web anytime soon! LOL.. But I found it really interesting reading everyone else's story as it truly helped to pull my story together. Everyone has a different story. Some are scary, some are sad, and some grow from parents who taught a deep faith. At some point in everyone's lives they turn their back on God, it just a matter of turning back around facing him, and asking for forgiveness!

Pray for me as Wednesday draws closer......

2 comments:

Ana said...

I'll be praying for you Martha, and I'm sure it will be great. You are very brave to be doing this!

Anonymous said...

How did it go?

That must be scary, my Mom hates public speaking and when shestarted Birthright, well she had to get used to it. She said before speaking she would say, God you brought me here to do your work, I answered your call...NOW HELP ME OUT, PLEASE!!!!!!

and a sense of peace would wrap around her and she would speak..I hope that happened for you.