Monday, August 22, 2005

Touching my heart...

Sometimes.. just sometimes... Friendships truly can stand the test of time and distance. Every once in awhile you meet a friend who you know in your heart will forever hold a place there. My friend Alyssa from Sacramento is just that type of friend. She was Rick's friend long before she met me. In fact she warned him about getting involved with me. LOL! She was protective of him and she was right! Over time we grew to be friends out of mutual respect and lots of laughter. We have both changed so much. We have both gotten married, had a baby or babies in her case, moved numerous times (me across the state and then across the country). She was a bride's maid at my wedding and suffered the crazy e-mails, tears, and schedule! LOL........ We may not speak every day or loose contact for a month or two BUT we both know that no matter what, all we have to do is pick up the phone and it will be like no time has passed at all. True friendship is like that.....

Alyssa... THANK YOU for the awesome spot on your BLOG dedicated to me today!!! You are God's blessing to me. I love you and cannot wait to see you in December!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just want to thank you for the compassion you've shown me. You haven't even met me, nor do you even really know what is going on in my life, and you've still been one of the most supportive people through this whole mess. I think that tomorrow I will sit down and write you a lengthy email because it would make me feel better to get it off my chest, and I might even call you one day. Again, thank you. You truly are a blessing.

alyssa said...

awwwww, Martha, I love ya! Near or far we will ALWAYS be friends! I think Rick made the right decision to ignore my warnings and has found the key to his heart in you! Without him we never would have met and have such a unique connection! ;)