Thursday, May 19, 2005

Can anything ever be easy?



Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................ Can ANYTHING with my child ever be NORMAL and EASY?????

I so thought we had it made! Recovery from the tonsil surgery was going great. He was eating, playing, and pretty much doing well considering. Just normal recovery stuff.... AND then Tuesday night Alex got a high fever. Yesterday he was really out of it and refusing to eat anything. Fever stayed all day yesterday but kept down to about 101 by tylenol. I called his ENT and they said it sounded viral and ride it out. We we tried the riding it out thing and at 5am (after being up all night), he had an asthma attack. Ugh.

So He's running a high fever, wheezing, coughing, has a runny nose, drooling, barely drinking, not eating, crying, moaning, whining, with small bursts of energy where he think he's 100% better and crashes 10 minutes later!

I was on my peds door step at 8am. She listened to his lungs and ran a blood test. Luckily, this time it was just a finger prick! Turns out he has a Bacterial infection brewing. SO... She changed all his meds, and his asthma medication. HOPEFULLY, this will work and my poor baby will start eating again. I just want him to start feeling better and quick!

Any extra prayers you could send our way would be great!!

No comments: