Monday, May 23, 2005

More Info.........

I decided to e-mail Theresa back giving her a little more info after her last e-mail to me.

My E-mail:

Well.. okay I had not even thought of staph. I always thought Staph was a skin infection? No? I couldn't find anything on the web other than the skin infection kind.

He sounds better today. Still coughing, and mucus coming up but not as bad. He also slept slightly better. So I am trying to ride it out and see what happens.

The ped. didn't think it was mandatory he get a chest x-ray on Thursday and I was not thrilled with the idea of putting him through more torture.

Do you still think it could be pneumonia?? Even though he is sounding a little better? I gave him his last dose of antibiotics today. My concern is that he is not 100% better. I worry once of the antibiotics in a few days we will see a rapid decline. And Rick's parents arrive Saturday! I would HATE for him to be sick!

I just don't know what to do!!!! I don't want to be a worry wort Mom!




Theresa's Response:

I believe you can aquire bacterial pneumonia from a staph source..... nosocomial... ie.. hospital aquired

If he is improving, maybe the antibiotics are working... sometimes it takes a little longer, and he was pretty beat on with surgery & all, maybe it has been the combination of everything has just kicked his butt!

I would put a call in to your ped. & ask if maybe he could continue on the antibiotic, or if she thought that he would continue getting better... some of the newer antibiotics have a longer life than just the time of dosage.... kind of stays with you for a couple of weeks!! So if this is the case, he could continue to improve even off the antibiotics.

I don't think you are being a "worry wart" mom... just a good parent, who has seen that little guy go through way too much!!!!

Hopefully he will be up & running by the time Ricks Parents visit!!



soooo.... After some thinking I decided to stop being silly and call in the professionals! I left a message for the nurse at his doctors and am waiting for a call back!

3 comments:

Ana said...

Martha, please let us know how he is doing today! I hope you find some answers and I hope he gets better!

Anonymous said...

Hello -> Martha <- I just wanted to let you know that this post was an interesting read and well presented. Just my two cents.

Regards,
Improve Quality Of Life

Anonymous said...

Hi there Martha, I had been out looking for some new information on treatment for boils when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.