Tuesday, May 17, 2005

This, That and The Other...........

Is it Friday yet?

Today was a rough day for me! Alex did not sleep well last night and I think I only got about 3.5 hours of solid sleep all night. Then he refused to take his meds most of the day spitting them out at me. I tried everything I knew to get them into him and NOTHING worked. Thus, he was hurting and beyond crabby. By Noon I had changed his shirt 3 times due to the excessive drooling. I did finally bribe him at about 4:30 and got the meds into him. Eating and drinking were both down today. Day 4 has been the worst so far!!

A high point though.. Is a friend from Church "Laura", came over and let us use her riding lawn mower to get my HUGE hill mowed! YIPPEE! It's like a whole new property now. We are no longer the white trash across from the country club. LOL. It was just beyond sweet of her. I am racking my brain trying to think of what I can do in return. A Thank you... Just doesn't seem like enough. My front yard looks gorgeous now... So drive on by!!!

I am STILL reading
Purpose Drive Life (PDL) By Rick Warren. Yes, I do realize your suppose to do it in 40 days but ya know.. The fact is I am still plugging along. Not only am I reading it by I am journaling through e-mail with several friends who are also reading it. All of this takes time. It's not like I lay on my couch all day, eating chocolate cover cherries and reading. (I wish)! So I am on Day 36 with only 4 more to go. All my journaling has caught up and I am ready to finish this. I am then going to start another book.. I haven't decided exactly what yet but "Next Door Savior" by Max Lucado has been tossed around. Maybe you have a suggestion for me?

Praying tomorrow goes smoother...... And knowing that Friday is only 2 days away helps too!

No comments: