Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A letter from God... Are you listening?

I got this in an e-mail from my friend Renee today.

It is from the book:

"Come away my Beloved" by: Frances J Roberts



"Oh, My child, give Me your heart, for out of it issues life. My hand is upon you, and I will keep you in all places wherever you go. I am your God and I am your Father, and I will care for you and provide for you, according to all that you need. I will be at your side, ready to help you whenever you call on me. I am not unmindful of your needs, and My concern is for you. You do not need to carry your own load, for I will be happy to help you carry it and to bear you up as well. You do not walk alone or meet any situation alone, for I am with you, and I will give you wisdom and strength, and My blessing shall be yours. Keep your heart set on Me and your affections on things above; for I cannot bless you unless you ask Me. And I cannot answer if you do not call. I cannot minister to you unless you come to Me. Do not wait to feel worthy, for no one is worthy of My blessings. My graced bypasses your shortcomings, and I give to My children because they ask of Me and because I love them; I do not love one more than another. I give most liberally to those who ask the most of Me, for I love to have you depend on Me. Heaven's resources are at your command, and you need never want, so long as I am your Shepherd. Do not think that since I know all about you, you need not bother to tell Me. It is true that I know, but you need to tell Me so that in the telling, you may experience the release of an open heart, and the fellowship of a Friend. Never presume My presence. Never assume that knowing your need, I will automatically supply. Ask and it shall be given. Call upon Me, and I will answer you. Tell Me that you love Me, and I will make your heart know in a very real way My love for you and My nearness, and you shall never feel alone. Welcome Me into your heart, and the more you sense My presence within you, the more you will fell at home no matter where you may be. Forget anything else, but never forget this."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Martha, I had been out looking for some new information on carbuncle when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.