Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hi, My Name is Martha and I am an Addict!

PEPSI..... I NEED PEPSI!!!!

Okay so I gave up soda yesterday. I am so embarrassed to even be admitting this but uhh.. I usually drank several cans of day. I was truly addicted. I decided a few days ago that after this last box of cans were gone I swore to myself no matter what I wouldn't buy more. Yesterday, I drank my last can. I only had one yesterday. I milked it for every last drop too. This morning I woke up with a screaming headache. (yes, on occasion I have been known to drink my Pepsi with my cereal). This afternoon the shakes have started. Seriously... My skin is crawling and nothing is quenching my thirst. I cannot even believe that soda can have this effect over you. What's weird is for YEARS I never even drank soda. We never even had it in our house. Then my son Alex was born and the sleepless nights started and have yet to start. I got hooked on my soda to pep me up. Then.. I literally started craving it. I HAD to have it and nothing tasted as good. I would even joke that an IV of it would be great.

So umm..... Have a little pity on me... Pray for me to get through the next few days so I can conquer this!

3 comments:

alyssa said...

Ohhh Martha! Be strong, it will get better. Caffeine is a great motherhood boost, I didn't think I could live without it while I was pregnant and nursing again but you do. Stock up on some ibuprofen for a little while, drink lots of water and keep busy!!!! Love ya!

M said...

Yep, lots and lots of water. If you do give in to the Pepsi fix, remember that caffeine is a diauretic and it takes twice as much water volume as soda or alcohol to even it out in your body, ie: 32oz of water to 16oz of soda. Good luck and God's Blessings! m. :-)

Anonymous said...

From one "popaholic" to another.... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! The first few days will be the hardest....and if you end up falling off the wagon, don't worry about it....just stand up, brush yourself off and jump back on!!

I POSTED A COMMENT!!! I POSTED A COMMENT!!! Nanny Nanny Boo Boo!!! I POSTED A COMMENT!!!!!

Hugs! :)