Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The stomach is churning....

Soo... Why is it my son decides to start going through a growth spurt.. NOW! Just days before his surgery. The classic signs have appeared restless sleeping, crying out in his sleep, moaning, writhing all over the bed. (umm.. Yes, we can have worse nights than we already do). Also.. The eating has increased as has the falling. These are all classic signs of Alex's growth spurts! Ugh.. And they last about 2 weeks normally, and then suddenly things stop fitting him. As much as I LOVE to know he is growing, the timing on this one really STINKS!!!!!!!!!!

My stomach is up in arms over the up coming surgery. It's like my internal body clock is doing a count down to surgery. I am more stressed out about the recovery than the actual surgery! UGH... I just remember how bad the recovery stunk. My poor lil guy! The whole thought of them intubating him again really freaks me out too. Having seen the tube down his throat as an infant... Well... You can imagine the visuals. It is just something I hate. I worry about his lungs. I Just WORRY... I AM Martha after all. Isn't it my Job to worry?

Could someone send a message to my stomach to calm down until Friday??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father God, touch the anxious hearts of Rick and Martha. Remind them of Your love and power to do all things. Let peace reign in their souls. Continue to grow them through this painful time as You show Your lovingkindess. Let us remember Your truth: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

Let it be for Your name's sake.

Ana said...

Ugh, Rosarinho is going through a growth spurt too and it sucks. She's having 2 bottles of milk at night!!

I'm praying that you can keep calm until tomorrow and I'm sure everything will be fine. Hang in there!