Sunday, May 08, 2005

Hallmark, eat your heart out!



My Husband is my hero! When he really sets his mind to something, magic comes out! We are pretty short on money right now so I asked him not to buy me anything for Mother's Day. Not even a card I said. Why waste $2.50 on a Hallmark card I will only read once and throw away? Instead I got a GORGEOUS hand made card by BOTH my son and Husband. Not only celebrating Mother's Day but also the day I was Baptised! They designed it themselves, with Red roses and sunshines all over it. It will be a card I keep FOREVER!!!! Hallmark can only wish I would do the same! The card even had a Poem written to me by my Husband....

MOTHER'S DAY
BY: Rick
A Mother's love extends beyond
her soft touch and healing hands
her gentle voice that understands
her sweet hugs that melt the tears away
Her companionship in lonely times
her sweet songs and lullabies
her way of comforting when were in pain
Her open heart which continuously pours
her love and care which heals all sores
her guidance that leads us through our toughest days
A Mother is a gift that continually blesses us
and all of these things are the reasons we thank her
Love, respect, honor and adore her
Everyday in our own special way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful husband! I am so glad you and Rick did get baptized with each other, that is so great! I only wish my husband would even go near church again. He was very religious when we met, but obviously has let someone else in instead of the lord and it makes me so sad. He doesn't want to hear about it though, so I just continue to try to set a good example. Congrratulations again!