Sunday, May 22, 2005

Events in our lives..

I find it funny how we flow through life based on the events! We started off the month counting down to our last MOPS meeting. Then it was days until surgery, after we counted the days out towards recovery. Finally that even done we look down the road to the next "event". Rick's parents arrive on Saturday. They will be here from the 27th to the 12th. Some of that will be spent in other places so it's not exactly as bad as it seems. After that who knows where our life will lead.. For now we just keep our eyes peeking at the calendar and our hearts asking Jesus, what's next?

Alex seems to be doing better although I am baffled. His chest is "looser" but sounds so full. The rattle is never ending. He is coughing more and with a lot more "green/yellow" production. Several times over the weekend he has thrown up due to the amount of mucus. Sigh... He is now been on antibiotics since Friday the 13th. He took Amoxicillian for 6 days which we were sent home with after surgery. Tomorrow is day 5 of Omnicef, which was prescribed in place of the Amoxicillian due to the bacterial infection in his lungs. Wouldn't that have totally knocked out whatever crap was sitting in there? I am starting to worry he could have "walking" pneumonia. I am totally scratching my head. His fever was gone as of Friday night. He is still not sleeping, he keeps coughing and moaning. It's as if he is struggling to breath or drowning in his own chest fluid. His energy is up but not back to normal by any means. (however he did have surgery only 9 days ago now). As for his breathing treatments I am still doing the Duoneb 3 times a day and pulicort 2x a day. Plus he gets Singulair every day for his asthma. I am totally stumped. I can't decide if I should call the doctor yet again or what!! Any suggestions?

I am going to e-mail my Sister in law, she is a ER nurse of 10 years plus has 2 kids. Maybe she will have a suggestion for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see Alex with Rick this AM. He looked great. I got zero help with all the drug questions. Thanks for updating your blog. It helps me pray for you guys!

Ana said...

No help here, unfortunately. But I am praying that he gets better soon!