Friday, February 04, 2005

A day of fears.......

Alex and I got up early and headed out the door for a day of playing and filming make overs! I had a really good time laughing and talking with the girls while 2 of them got their hair colored, cut, and done.. then they also got their faces made up as well! After they were done.. SURPRISE.. I got my hair cut too! I was a little nervous but figure.. heck it will always grow back right? No length was taken off but lots of chunky layers that I have no clue what to do with. LOL.. Looked awesome when Cammie was done but uhh... who's going to be with me once I wash my hair. That could be the scary part. I think over all the filming went great and hopefully Rick and I will be able to piece something together and make it a fun video!

Now I am off for the night with all my butterflies in my stomache.. the Hope Community Church Ladies Retreat is calling my name. I have called Lori 10 times wanting to make SURE she will meet me there so I won't feel like a total looser walking in all alone and not knowing a soul. Lori totally clueless has become my rock. I feel God calling me to her, to lean on her and look for friendship. She has a spirit that radiates thru her smile. She literally glows! It seems like no matter what kind of day she is having, she is always ready to listen... to stop her world and have a laugh with me. In this crazy place they call Columbus, Mississippi I am forever greatful. I have found that yes... even here I can find friends, laughter and smiles.

I am heading out the door with a thousand unanswered questions... will I be liked? Will everyone see my sins? Will I stick out? What if they know I haven't connected with God yet, will they kick me out? What if I am bored out of my mind? What if they make me sleep in the same bed as some girl I don't know? My worst question drilling the pit of my stomache is... what if I reach out to God and he rejects me becuase of my scars, my sins, my life? Only one way to find out... so I am stretching and taking a BIG leap into the unknown!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Martha- I'm so thanksful that God's light was able to shine through me and that you were there to be in His light. I'm amazed at how you are able to pour out your heart; it is beatiful to see it and see so deeply inside you. Wow has God been calling you. You were seeking and asking so many questions - God Answered! Amen, you heard Him and responded! I'm still feel so priveledged to be with you when you took that leap of faith and accepted Christ. Love ya, Lori