Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Snip.. Snip.. Snip...

I took my poor Doggie Miller to the Vets this morning. He's there all day getting 3 shots, groomed (actually just cleaning up the horrible job I did), and getting neutered! YIKES! As Bob Barker says "Please help control the pet population and remember to spay or neuter your pets". I think this is a good thing. No chance of him getting pregnant but would hate to stick someone else with unwanted puppies. My son was so upset when I left with him. We kept trying to explain that Miller was going to the doctors to get shots and surgery and when he comes home he'll have an owie. Alex didn't like this news at all, he cried and cried. He hugged Miller Good bye, gave him a kiss and said I love you Dog Dog. It was horribly sad. I think he will be really happy when we go to pick him up later. Alex and Miller have gotten to be buddies! The neighbor Dog even came over for his usual "playtime" with Miller and he looked so confused when Miller wasn't in the back yard. Poor thing.. That's his bud! I think it will be a week or 2 before they are out roughing around in the back yard!

My Mom arrives tomorrow from NH. We have not seen her since July, and this is her first time in the South. Should be interesting! Sadly since she is a diabetic I can't get her addicted to sweet tea which most likely is probably a good thing! LOL... Looks like we are going to have rain all weekend which is a BIG bummer but what can you do?

I have 2 friends who are struggling with infertility. 1 is young and in her early 20's the other is in her late 30's, both have a child the same age as Alex. I find it amazing that infertility has no rules.. Young, old doesn't matter. Isn't horrible that it seems infertility seems to strike the people who want and deserve a baby most? I don't get it. Why does God allow such suffering yet grants birth to parents who are so unfit they throw their precious bundle in a garbage can with the umbilical cord still attached. It makes me beyond angry when I think of such things. Infertility in general is a taboo subject yet there are so many out there suffering with this gut wrenching problem. The last thing they want to hear is "oh be patient, it will happen". To them it seems like it has been an eternity. I too have a struggle with a form of infertility. I KNOW for a fact I cannot have more children. After several days of thinking I think this is the "easier" path. I can mourn, cry, be angry, and then let it go and come to terms to with it. I guess this is where I am now. Yes, I still cry, yes it still hurts when I find out a friend is pregnant. However, the ache is less when I look at my Son's sky blue eyes and realize the Miracle God has Blessed us with. I so wish I could offer my friends some sort of answer, some hope, some relief for their pain. I wish I could give them all of my fertile vibes. Life is just not fair sometimes and I don't have any answers why this is. My prayers will continue for them.....................

2 comments:

Ana said...

Martha, I just wanted to tell you I think you are very brave to accept things the way you do and I admire you for your capacity to be happy and thankful. I wish I was more like you!

Ana

Martha said...

ANA - Thank you, You are the Brave one though! I have no choice but to accept the hand God has given me. It is final and no choice, I have had 2.5 years to come to terms with it. You are still fighting the battle, you are in the deep heart of it. You are incredibly brave. Continue to ask God for the tools to help you cope with this battle. He has a plan for you Ana, your Miracle is just around the corner. Keep your Faith my friend and know I will continue to pray for you!