Thursday, February 17, 2005

My child needs to learn to SLEEP!

Ahhh Alex my child who just doesn't sleep! He had a horrible night last night. First he wouldn't go to sleep finally we get him to sleep and then he wakes up 2hrs later screaming.. And just would not go back to sleep. Rick finally ended up on the recliner with him where he slept. Ugh! Since my Mother has arrived he has Been super cranky. Unlike Rick's parents she doesn't "play" with him. At times I find her correcting things he does that I normally get mad at him for. I have been just explaining to her the way I do things. (the old Martha would have blown up).
Today we went to Friendship cemetery where the very first Memorial Day took place and was created. Imagine that, Memorial Day was started in a tiny town called Columbus, MS. We found some really interesting headstones. Some were very badly damaged and my Mother was terribly upset about this. Sad thing is the area is not in a great part of town. It was a really interesting experience. I am enjoying my time with my Mother and she actually was going through her suitcase tonight and showed me what she plans to wear to Church on Sunday. On the inside I was shouting HOORAY HOORAY, but I just calmly said oh that's perfect and kept on going taking it all in stride. Sunday is still 2 days away so we shall see.... I have been trying to ease her into this new part of my life. Baby steps.. Baby steps!

2 comments:

Ana said...

That is good news Martha! I hope she continues this path towards Jesus.

Oh, and I hope Alex sleeps better tonight, that sucks!

Tiffany said...

Martha~
I am really enjoying reading about your spiritual journey right now. I am like you, I am experiencing amazing things while I watch my faith in Jesus grow everyday. I pray your dh and your mom find their way to Jesus, it is an amzing life when it happens isn't it? Thank you so much for sharing this with the world.