Thursday, February 24, 2005

Natalie gave me chills!

My Friend Natalie has a strong connection with Jesus. She was raised in a Christian home but as many teenagers do lost her path at one time, only to find her way again later. Today she wrote a beautiful entry in her blog. I had tears streaming down my face and chills on my arms. I felt like I was standing right beside her staring up at the sky with her. So happy to share this moment with my friend. With her permission I am copying her entry here! You can also go to her personal page to visit her site and comment to her. http://skygreencastles.blogspot.com/

~... Thinking about the Bridge ...~

"I've been pondering on something. I look at my kids and am constantly amazed at the amount of adoration and unconditional love that I feel towards them. I love them with every single living fiber in my body. They are part of me. When they hurt, I hurt. When they smile, I smile. They mean more than I could ever even try to explain. It is hard for me to understand and comprehend that the love that I feel towards my own children is only a fraction of the love that Christ has for me.
You know, I think about Jesus. I think about him in the Garden asking his dad why he had to die. I think about how he was so stressed out and upset about what he knew he was going to endure. I think about how he underwent so much grief that it caused his body to sweat drops of blood. I think about him on the cross. I think about him hanging there....a king with his crown of thorns. A king with a broken heart and bleeding side. How at any moment he could have called on the angels on high. He could have made such fools out of everyone who stood around!! What a spectacle it would have been to see a crowd of sword bearing angelic beings landing on that hill and taking his broken body off of that cross and seeing him transformed before their very eyes into the true King that he is. I think about the sacrifice that he made. I think about him on the cross thinking of me. Thinking that the only way for me to ever live with his father would be through his own death. He knew he was the bridge. The only possible way. I think about this bridge....the bridge that he created for me so that when the day comes, I can join him. I believe this as 100% truth.
I think of the day sometimes. I'm driving back from soccer practice maybe, wait...lets change that...I'm driving to soccer...this way I can see what is happening. I hear a noise. What an understatement....the music on my radio is drowned out by this sound....What??? I'll pull over and check it out. As I make a turn into a parking lot, I notice I'm not the only one who is pulling off the road to find out what is going on. The noise is coming from the sky...but I see nothing. I'm about to bear witness to something that people have been waiting for for years. The sky parts just like the curtain before a show and the most brilliant light I've ever seen comes shooting between the clouds. My kids are by my side watching and pointing up to the clouds. I know what it is. I can tell by looking around me that some people know what it is too. There are tears running down our faces. Others looked horrified...shocked and scared.Amidst the light are colors that I don't have a name for. The most beautiful colors I've ever seen. I try to compare them to colors that I know, but I never dreamed that these colors existed. They spill onto every square inch of the sky. I look over and my 2 year old is trying to reach up and grab them. There is someone coming. He is surrounded and although I know who it is, I keep on waiting for the confirmation. I see tons of people. They are angelic with faces of all colors. They are surrounding him. They are speaking in unison and all I can hear is "Holy, Holy, Holy". Within moments they are everywhere...North, South, East and West....but they begin to seperate and make an aisle. Coming down on a brilliant white horse staring right at me is my King. He's staring right at me!!! Little do I know that everyone is thinking the same thing. Around me one by one, people are dropping to their knees. Whether they want to or not, he commands it and they have no control over it. Through my tears, I can see the angels around him all bowing. He is glorified. I briefly wonder where my husband and my parents are...hoping that they able to have the same view that I have, but I know that everyone sees the same thing. My oldest son is next to me...his arms stretched towards the heavens with watery eyes. Suddenly nothing in the world matters anymore. Mortgages, what kind of car I drive, the new handbag I begged my husband for....nothing. He has returned.
"See, I am coming soon, and my reward is with me, to repay everyone according to the deeds he has done. I am the A and the Z. The Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
Rev 22:12-13
I think that Jesus envisioned the same thing when he was in the garden. None of this would be possible had he not died on that cross. He is awaiting that day too. I just pray that God give me the strength and wisdom everyday to realize what is important and what isn't. I reach out in faith and accept his promise. Thanks to Jesus for thinking of me and my family...he thought of yours too.
Thank you Natalie for sharing this with me......

No comments: