Friday, February 18, 2005

Memories are funny....

My Mother and I lived in the same house for over 18 years. Yet, our memories of events are totally different. She views things one way.. And I view them at times totally different. Normally this has been a serious point of contention between us (her memories always make her look good me bad). However, today she was talking about something which I of course did not the same way. My instinct was to start to say NO.. That's not the way it happened. Suddenly in my mind I heard "Look at the big picture Martha, does it really matter?". It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong. It's all in the past now, I am a adult, I have made my peace with Jesus. I was so proud of myself for letting it go. My Mother being here has truly been a test for me. Not only not to fight but to also not allow her to make me feel bad about myself. As I have said before I know I am loved but I am treated differently than my sister. This has always been a very hard thing for me since the day my sister was born. I am taking huge strides....... Not only with my journey with Jesus but also with myself.

My Mother made another comment about going to Church on Sunday today... OMG.... I am beyond amazed. We also were listening to some of my Christian CD's in the car today (Thanks Gina, Michael W. Smith is GREAT!) and she said she liked it and even had his Christmas CD. Wow...... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-7967870-3596031

We went to the Tupelo Buffalo Park today. http://www.tupelobuffalopark.com/ It was actually pretty cool although small. I have never been that close to a Buffalo and they are HUGE! I was floored at how big just their heads are. Alex, LOVED seeing all the animals and had a blast getting to feed them. His favorite were the camels and the goats. He was so tired when we left.

We also visited 2 battlefields and we floored at the lack of monuments ect. They had for them. Nothing like Gettsyburg. http://www.nps.gov/gett/ We also saw several cemetery's where Confederate Soldiers were buried, we both we so sad at the lack of respect for these graves. Many were badly damaged and in horrible shape. Don't people realize this is our History? This is all a part of us? Growing up in the North East, I am a History Junkie!

Tomorrow we are going to have family pictures taken by a friend of mine from MOPS. She is doing a fundraiser and thus not only are we all getting a discount but also all money raised goes to MOPS. What an amazing thing to do. Not only to donate your skill but also your time. We are so blessed to have Susan as part of our crew. I am pretty excited my Mom gets to be here for this as it has been a LONG time since she has had a professional picture taken! Yippee! Now pray my hair turns out okay and that it doesn't rain! LOL...

I want to Stop.. Take a deep breath and thank Jesus for blessing 2 of my friends with surprises of positive pregnancy tests this week. 1 is someone I posted about earlier in the week. I just pray that they both find strength to trust in God's plan whatever that may be with this bundle. I pray they find can find relaxation and patience as the first 12 weeks go by and they see that first blip of their babies heartbeat on the screen. Please Lord, protect these 2 growing babies and allow their Mamma's to hold them in their wombs for the next 9 months. I also ask you Lord to continue to hold my dear friend Shannon's hand as she continues to work on getting pregnant. Lord, I feel her strength is growing weak as is her Patience. Fill her heart up Lord, and remind her of all the blessings she has in her life. Help her find comfort knowing that you have a plan. Refresh her desires, her heart, and her soul. Lord, you are all powerful and we honor you. In Jesus name Amen.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Thank you for praying for us Martha, that means alot.
Looks like you and your Mom have been having a good time. I hope you have a great weekend together!